Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Asking for prayer...

Hey everyone!  As you may have noticed I haven't posted anything since Saturday night.  I got a phone call Sunday morning from my Dad telling me that my 87 year old "Nanny" was hit by a car and being taken to the ER in Topeka, KS.  She was struck by a young woman in an SUV with three children in the car.  My mom was on a plane from Newport News to Kansas City within a couple of hours.  Nanny had a clean break on her femur bone, a deep hole in the back of her head with "matter" oozing out and lots of places needed stitches.  Thank God she didn't have any internal organ damage.  

She made it through the surgery to repair her leg on Sunday night fine and is now on the path to recovery.  She was such an independent 87 year old woman- lived on her own, still drove, went on cruises to the Caribbean, flew to see family in other states, walked 2 miles a day, and up until a few years ago took classes at her local community college.  It breaks my heart to think that she may never be able to go back to being the independent person that she was but my heart is rejoicing at the same time that she is alive!  She is a firm believer in the True and Living God and He has His hands around her!

Please keep my Nanny in your prayers.

I will try and post some deals soon for ya! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about your Nanny. God had her in his hands for sure.I will keep her in my prayers. You take it easy. Judy in Jax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete