- Buy a box of kid Valentine’s Day cards. On each one, write a different reason that you love or appreciate that person. My sweet husband has done that for me!
- Make a coupon booklet of things you’ll do for or with that person. This can be good for kids as well. They love spending time with you! You can find tons of templates online for this. Try HERE, HERE, and HERE for some ideas.
- Have a fireside picnic, or just a candlelight dinner AFTER the kids go to bed.
- Or, if that’s not your style, how about homemade pizza and a movie! Sometimes we don’t take time to do these things! Oh, and because the pizza is homemade, made the dough into a heart shape!!!
- Do you need a babysitter? Exchange that time with friends. You keep their kids while they go out, and they will keep your kids. This completely eliminates the cost of paying for a babysitter!
- Don’t celebrate necessarily ON Valentine’s Day (or over the weekend before). This is probably more for married couples that have an understanding. Do you realize that the DAY after Valentine’s EVERYTHING is at least 50% off, if not more? WAIT 24 HOURS!!! There’s no SHAME in that!
What other frugal ideas do you have for Valentine’s Day? I can’t wait to hear them!
Thanks to www.thecouponconsultant.com